Last week, we shared some of our favorite recent articles and blog posts. This week, we thought we’d share some of the best e-commerce and entrepreneurial podcasts. We love listening to podcasts on our morning commute, while we’re fixing dinner, when we’re out running errands, or anytime we can’t sit down to focus on a screen long enough to read. In this day and age, portability is king, and we’re happy to have found some fascinating, informative podcasts we think you’ll enjoy. So grab your ear phones and get to listening…
Have you tuned into any great e-commerce podcasts lately? Let us know…we’d love to check it out! Leave us a comment below or tweet us @shoppimon.
Andrew Warner is a dynamic interviewer and has landed interviews with some of the biggest names in ecommerce. In his 20s, he and his brother used credit cards and brainpower to create a $30+ mil / year (in sales) internet business. He created Mixergyto “help ambitious people who love business as much as [he does] learn from a mix of experienced mentors.” In his interviews, he provides a platform for founders to tell their stories and offers courses to teach important lessons for ecommerce owners.
Some of his interviews include:
- How Chuck Blakeman sold one of his businesses to the largest consumer fulfillment company in America
- Why programming isn’t a pre-requisite to launch a tech startup – with Sunil Kanderi
- How tapping a niche market took a razor company from less than $1M to $10M in revenue – with Todd Greene
- How launching the “worst version” of a site led to 40,000,000 monthly users – with Tom Lehman
Terry Lin and Travis Marziani have been podcasting since 2012. Their 30ish-minute podcasts are published almost every week and cover e-commerce, entrepreneurship, and travel. They both run bootstrapped e-commerce stores, and generally seem to enjoy sharing their journey in building a brand. For experienced shop owners, Terry and Travis offer high-level discussions, monthly calls, and Q&A .
Some of our favorite episodes include:
- Branding 101 for e-commerce businesses
- Building a viral e-commerce business
- E-commerce SEO
- Magento and e-commerce best practices
Andrew Youderian has a a fascinating story, essentially quitting a job he didn’t love so that he could pursue his own e-commerce dreams. After learning to ropes of e-commerce, he began blogging and podcasting to share what he’d learned with other online entrepreneurs or folks looking to get started with their own shops. His podcasts cover a variety of topics and he has occasional guests who share their expertise as well. Definitely worth a listen.
Some of his topics include:
- Business & Kids: Making the Transition Running a Business with Young Kids
- Biggest eCommerce Regrets: Learning From My Biggest Regrets in eCommerce
- Working with Designers: Working with Designers on Redesigns & Large Projects
- Driving Traffic Using Pinterest
Another excellent podcast to check out is “My Wife Quit her Job” by Steve Chou. In his own words, the podcast is interview-based. He features small business entrepreneurs who are “killing it online.” But, he says, there’s a twist. All of the entrepreneurs have “bootstrapped their businesses and started their own ventures to improve their lifestyle in some way.” His website also features a free “Startup Guide” and a free mini course on How To Create A Profitable Online Store in 5 Easy Steps. He offers a lot of information and tools for folks getting started in e-commerce.
Some of the topics he covers in his podcasts include:
- What A Six Pack Taught Me About Starting A Successful Online Business
- How To Take Eye Popping Product Photos For Your Online Store With Minimal Setup
- MailChimp Vs Aweber – A Comparison Of Two Email Marketing Providers
- Using Google Adwords And Analytics To Tweak The Conversion Rate Of Your Online Store
Hosted by David Bain, author of the 26-Week Digital Marketing Plan, this podcast aims to record and publish weekly interviews with digital marketing niche experts. Bain opened his first e-commerce business in 2000 and has been training other businesses to make the leap since 2007. He covers a wide variety of topics that any online entrepreneur will find useful and offers access to other tools as well, including newsletters and downloads.
Topic highlights include:
- What is content marketing?
- Personal branding strategy
- B2B Digital Marketing Strategies
- How to get leads online